Snapchat (launched in 2011) is an app that allows users to create video stories about their everyday lives with a catch - they expire after 24 hours.
Snapchat users can also send messages to others in forms of video and image.
The content of this platform is more lighthearted than other social media platforms.
Then in 2017, TikTok came to life.
Boasting a similar idea to the previously known vine, TikTok allows its users to create looping videos from 10 seconds to 60 seconds.
These videos can be seen algorithmically on the user feeds in terms of demographics and interests.
At the moment, both apps are trending on the internet.
Snapchat has around 210 million daily active users worldwide, while TikTok has 800 million monthly users globally.
A mutual link between these two apps is their users can make money from being app influencers.
Today, in this article, we will discuss which app has a better potential to earn you money - Snapchat or TikTok.
What makes Snapchat a good monetization platform?
- On Snapchat, the engagement ratio is very high because the users share videos and photos actively and log in to their accounts many times every day.
- Very few businesses are using Snapchat for marketing purposes, so the competition is currently nonexistent.
- Around 50% of users watch the videos that appear in the discover section weekly.
You can monetize your activities on Snapchat by using the following strategies:
- Snap ads.
- Sponsored lenses and posts.
How much money can you earn by using Snapchat?
Snapchat is worth $1.7 billion in revenue.
If you choose Snapchat to earn money,
your revenue depends on the monetization technique you apply.
For instance, the average bid of SnapAds is from $1 up to $3 on one swipe up action.
The bid from the sponsored lenses method relies on the number of views.
On the other hand, TikTok will earn you money directly from the ads on the app.
What makes TikTok a reliable monetization channel?
- People spend around 46 minutes daily on this app.
- Generation Z uses this app the most.
- TikTok has the potential to an impressive number of conversions.
TikTok’s ways to help you generate revenue:
- Brand Deals and SponsorshipsCross-Platform Promotion.
- Growing and Selling Accounts.
- Compilation Videos.
How much can you earn from TikTok?
First of all, where an enormous amount of money is concerned, 100k followers are essential to make 500-2000$ on a video.
The top TikTok video creators make around 50K-150K$ on a video.
You can also earn money by selling a TikTok account.
An account with 100k followers amounts to $1k-$2K.
If your goal in mind is to earn money and generate more conversion for millennial and Gen-Z audiences,
you should consider using one of these two social platforms.
Pay attention to the growing pace and directions each app follows to determine which one will serve your goal better and what strategy to adopt.